Delta Specialty Hospital is a 243-bed hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. We are conveniently located just 12 miles from downtown Memphis, and five miles from Memphis International Airport. Delta has been proudly serving our community for more than 45 years.
Who We Treat
At Delta, we offer a broad scope of services for adults age 18 and above, with specialized programming available for seniors.
We are prepared to treat men and women who have been struggling with a wide range of mental and behavioral health challenges, including the following:
- Adjustment disorder
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Chemical dependency
- Posttraumatic stress
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Suicidal ideation
Levels of Care
Individuals who have been struggling with mental health challenges may receive care via the following inpatient and outpatient programs:
- Adult mental health unit – Inpatient treatment for adults who need acute psychiatric care and stabilization
- Adult dual diagnosis unit – Inpatient treatment for adults whose mental health challenges are accompanied by chemical dependency
- Senior care unit – Age-appropriate inpatient care for older adults
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Four hours of treatment per day, five days per week, including two meals, with transportation available
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – Three four-hour treatment sessions per week, for a total of 12 weekly hours of care, with meals and transportation available
- Trauma recovery unit – Trauma-informed intensive outpatient programming for patients who are struggling with posttraumatic stress
At all levels of care, patients follow personalized treatment plans and receive detailed discharge plans.
Strong Medical Support
One of the features that sets Delta apart from other mental and behavioral healthcare providers is that we are a full-service hospital with a strong medical component.
Our medical programming includes a level 3 emergency department, a medical clinic, a cardiology clinic, and a surgical suite. In addition to medication management and on-site medical detoxification, we also offer lab testing, radiology, and wound care.
Experienced Treatment Professionals
All care at Delta is provided by multidisciplinary teams of experienced and compassionate professionals. Every patient is assigned a psychiatrist, as well as an internal medicine or family practice physician.
Other staff members include registered nurses (RNs), licensed social workers (LSWs), licensed professional counselors (LPCs), and certified crisis intervention specialists.
All of our treatment professionals are committed to providing personalized, patient-focused services in a manner that respects the inherent dignity of each person who is entrusted into our care.